Deepen Your Understanding of Business Acquisitions
Whether your client is the buyer or the seller, being knowledgeable of the entire acquisition process is a must. Add to the value you bring your client by learning about the various methods of business valuation, and how to determine which tax structures will benefit them the most. Join us for this important seminar and learn from our experienced faculty as they walk you through real world examples of everything from drafting that first teaser summary to complex acquisition agreements.
- Enhance your knowledge of the overall buying and selling process.
- Find out how to calculate a business’s value.
- Gain a clear understanding of the tax saving strategies available to your client.
- Master the skill of structuring purchase agreements, including stock and asset purchase agreements.
- Confidently advise your client on how to handle existing contracts in an acquisition.
- Safeguard against ethical violations by avoiding conflicts of interest.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level course was designed for the following professionals:
- Enrolled Agents
- Lenders and Loan Officers
- Vital First Steps of an Acquisition
- Traditional and Alternative Financing Options
- Business Valuation: What an Attorney Needs to Know
- Tax Saving Structures and Strategies for Attorneys
- Structuring and Drafting the Acquisition Agreement
- Ethics in Business Acquisitions
Continuing Legal Education
Credit Hrs State
CLE 6.00 – IL*
CLE 7.20 – MO*
Institute of Certified Bankers – ICB: 5.75 *
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants: 7.00 *
* denotes specialty credits